Monday, October 08, 2007

French Hypermarkets

FRENCH HYPERMARKET
SAUSAGES FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE THEM GROWING ON TREES

Sorry but I didn't get into the centre of Paris as I promised in the post below. I was exhausted after decorating Charlotte's apartment and shopping for Ghost Furniture antiques. Instead I managed a trip to the local Hypermarket.
If you want Sea Salt then you can choose from every ocean in the world, if you want Fish the aisle is about a mile long with men running out every 5 minutes and throwing every type of fish known to man on the displays and if you want Sausage then 3 aisles are chock a block with them.
Come on England take a leaf out of their book!
The smell of Camembert and Garlic in out van on the way back was awful. Harvey had to get out and double wrap the food bags and seal them to stop the smell escaping.
FRENCH HYPERMARKET
SAUSAGES FOR GOURMETS
FRENCH HYPERMARKET
SEA SALT
FRENCH HYPERMARKET
A FRACTION OF THE FISH AISLE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incredible variety, I really should get myself over there ASAP. Your pictures and descriptions are tempting me :) Love the sausage tree idea!

paris parfait said...

Yes we are spoiled! When I went back to Chatou, I bought ham and sausages, when I had to double and triple wrap to get it home without alarming my fellow train passengers. xo

Anonymous said...

Un arbre à saucissons. Eh oui!

Hysterical!