Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Maybe It's Because I'm a Londoner - Luna & Curious

luna and curious brick laneI hope you are ready for this because I certainly wasn't.
luna and curious brick lane
Luna & Curious, 198 Brick Lane

Situated at 198 Brick Lane in the East End of London this gem of a shop - Luna & Curious is something else. I found no other shop that had such a variety of amazing designs by such amazing people. Near Spitalfields Market and The Trueman Brewery this area rocks. I absolutely fell in love with it.
luna and curious brick lane
Promotional Poster

Their promotional material gives a clue to how imaginative they are.
luna and curious brick lane
A collective of designers run this place some of whom are stylists - can you tell?
luna and curious brick lane
Polly and baby Mabel in Luna & Curious

One of the founding members of the collective is Polly George (above with her adorable baby Mabel) who many of you will know for creating fabulous ceramics which are incidentally now all made in bone china in Stoke on Trent (the home of bone china) by the very last factory to make hand made china flowers.
luna and curious brick lane
Polly George's delicious Bone China pieces
luna and curious brick lane
Vintage clothes by Susie Coulthard

Susie Coulthard is another member of the collective and creates vintage clothes with a twist. Susie is also a freelance costume designer and fashion stylist who has even worked on BBC dramas.
luna and curious brick lane
Fabulous jewellery by Rheanna Lingham

Rheanna is a founding member of the collective and her jewellery makes your heart skip a beat. I love how she has photographed it on these beautiful stone memorial statues.
luna and curious brick lane
Taxidermy with style

Jewel encrusted taxidermy by Jane Howart. I loved these dramatic designs.
luna and curious brick lane
Hands coming out of the walls and amazing decorated masks by Natasha Lawes

Natasha Lawes work is stunning - to prove it take a look at her work below
luna and curious brick lane
Natasha Lawes' fabulous work
luna and curious brick lane
Millinery to die for from Jane Fryers
luna and curious brick lane
Bed of Roses from The New Renaissance

Another collective member is Carolyn Corben who with Harvey Bertram-Brown created this Bed of Roses bedlinen that is so realistic you want to pick up the roses and smell them.
luna and curious brick lane
Clinton Lotter's reworked vintage clothes - I am speechless....

Clinton Lotter a new collective member was the recent winner of Project Runway and after seeing his work I fully understand why.
luna and curious brick lane
I could go on and on about this shop but follow the links I have left for you and you can see it all for yourself.
What I loved most about this shop was how happy everyone was and how excited they all were about each others designs. My visit was THE BEST and I mean THE BEST.

13 comments:

Mélanie said...

I don't know what to choose ! My next time in London, I have to go there for sure

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Wow, this shop is amazing! I love EVERYTHING! I'm going now to check out the links. I really want to see the encrusted taxidermy close-up. Thanks for the great post!

Parisbreakfasts said...

Absolutely fabulous!
I can find no other words...

Denise Kiggan said...

I have so enjoyed looking around. What an amazing place. How lovely to be involved in a collaborative arrangement like that!

Anonymous said...

I'm in Love!
I'm in Awe too!
Thank you!! I knew with a name like Luna and Curious it would be unbelievable and it is!!

Have a good night Di!
xo
Constance

Jan Halvarson said...

great shop! wow!

My Castle in Spain said...

Brick Lane is so great!! and this shop makes me want to hop to London...
thanks for the links !

Anonymous said...

Another place to add to my list when I can finally get over there!

Anonymous said...

So so wonderful, I think I could live in this shop :)

paris parfait said...

How on earth could you stand all this temptation??!! I would have been loaded down with packages and had no way to get them home. :) xoxox

Anonymous said...

Di, I had to chuckle when I saw the image of Natasha Lawe.

Dressed to a "t" loving her hot dog! I can so relate ~LOL

la la Lovely said...

So hip and stylish...only in London... thanks for sharing with us on the other side of the pond!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Adore this shop and all the work. Natasha Lawes painting is superb. I'd love it even without the hot dog, so much attitude!
Thank you for sharing!