Thursday, June 21, 2007

Cafe Mondrian Paris

cafe mondrian boulevard saint germain
After visiting the Saint Sulspice Antiques Market we stopped for a much needed drink and a sit at Cafe Mondrian on Boulevard Saint Germain. I love the way the French always give you a nice glass of water with your coffee and that you get a jug of hot coffee and a jug of hot frothy milk of equal amounts. Harvey spoilt my shot with that big pint of beer.
Charlotte ordered Earl Grey tea and I love the teapot they gave her.
A group a young people were sitting near us and they ordered fruit juice and got it in the most amazing twisted carafes.
One downer was that they served us Flumps (bright coloured cheap marshmallows) with salted pretzels - yes in the same dish - how strange.
cafe mondrian boulevard saint germain
cafe mondrian boulevard saint germain

2 comments:

Parisbreakfasts said...

I'm ALWAYS going on about Cafe Mondrian!!!
Like a million times but I've never actually stopped there..
I just shoot their still life setups. Funny!

Diane said...

You should stop there. They have the BEST Cassoulet ever, and it's a standard on the menu. I go to Paris for a week at a time, and always do dinner at the Mondrian at least twice. YUM!