Thursday, June 21, 2007

20 Miles - So Near Yet So Far

amy sacks diane reading sunglasses
I hate returning from Paris those 20 miles between us are the longest 20 miles on earth. How different can two countries be when only 20 miles apart?
I returned this time through the Channel Tunnel - an amazing feat of engineering. Just drive the car onto the train and 35 minutes later you're there.
Why am I here with sunglasses on? Well some months ago I featured a pair of glasses named Diane (my full name) by Amy Sacks in New York. Well those lovely people sent me a pair of Diane Reading Sunglasses so I can read in the sun without having to wear two pairs of glasses at the same time. Now how nice was that of them? Anyway I took this picture of me with them on whilst waiting for the train as a little thank you to Amy Sacks for my lovely gift.
channel tunnel calais

6 comments:

LisaJay said...

I wish I lived so close to Paris--count yourself lucky. By the way, nice specs!

Anonymous said...

I had you down as a Diana for some reason.

And I can't begin to tell you how jealous I am of those 20 miles...

Parisbreakfasts said...

Those ARE adorable sunglasses!
Gee when I take the chunnel it's like 2-3 hours?
From London..HUMPH

Gypsy Purple said...

Oh I Love this pic!!!!!!
How nice of them!!!!!

Ilva said...

OK, the specs are nice but what's more important: You are a beautiful woman!

Anonymous said...

Reading sunglasses, how lovely, and they suit you well.