Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Little Bits of Me


A LITTLE COLLECTION AT THE TOP OF A SPIRAL STAIRCASE. THE LARGE PAINTING IS A FAMILY HEIRLOOM PAINTED IN 1845 IN GLASGOW AND BELONGED TO MY GREAT GREAT GRANDPARENTS. SORRY ABOUT THE SHEEP'S SKULL.

Each day I sit here writing my blog I wonder what people think about me. No I'm not being big headed but when you read a person's blog you can get the wrong impression sometimes.
As I have said before I live in a tiny cottage in the Northumberland National Park. Whilst waiting for an extension to the place (don't get me going about planning regulations in the National Parks) I need to be surrounded by things that make me go OOH! otherwise I would go mad, that's just the way I am.
So for the next few days you can see Little Bits of Me that may make you see me in a totally different light (or not as the case may be).
Here is a sneak peek at some of the things I live with, that I chose not to put into storage, because my creative soul just needs them.

1 OF 4 FRENCH VINTAGE LINEN PANELS THAT ACT AS SHUTTERS AT MY WINDOWS.

AN OLD WASHSTAND BOUGHT IN A FLEA MARKET IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE 10 YEARS AGO AND SOME VINTAGE SUITCASES (INVALUABLE IN SUCH A TINY COTTAGE)

4 comments:

Parisbreakfasts said...

I'm going to go OOH!
How nice to see your REAL life!
merci :)

paris parfait said...

OOH! Gorgeous!And how wonderful that you have that painting! xo

Anonymous said...

I'd like to tell you how I perceive you Di. You are a woman with great taste. You like and value antiques, and have a keen eye for sharing excellent modern designs on your blog too. You have a great sense of humor. I'll never forget the shoes with the blond braids!!! When I first saw them, I was showing my friend in Ca. your blog over the phone. She was going through a hard time and when we scrolled down and saw those shoes we laughed till we cried.
I would like to know the subject matter of your heirloom painting.
I cant tell.

Anonymous said...

Somehow I always knew you lived in an elegant cottage with a spiral staircase :)