Monday, February 05, 2007

This is Dedicated to Paris Breakfasts

paris breakfasts charlotte
pierre hermeEvery single day without fail I just have to visit Paris Breakfasts for a colour fix. Carol not only paints fabulous watercolours but she adds a bit of pazazz to her posts with her humour. We email each other and she always makes me laugh.
Anyway I digress, those green Pierre Herme chocolates screamed out Paris Breakfasts to me the moment I saw them. I know I chose red, white and blue for her in my Colour Love post the other day but that's because they are the first colours that come to my mind when I think of her, maybe because one of my daughters lives in Paris and they are her colours. Pierre Herme is one of Carol's favourite chocolatiers and I can see why.
I commisioned Carol to paint a watercolour for my daughter in Paris for Christmas her name is Charlotte and I commisioned a Charlotte Russe (pictured here) I haven't seen it in the flesh yet as Carol sent it direct to Paris but I am visiting in March and will see it then, I can't wait. Charlotte keeps teeling me that the raspberry colour screams out at you. Unfortunately this picture doesn't show that so well as computers seem to kill that sort of thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Charlotte! I have one of Carol's paintings too, and hope to add more as time goes on... She is wonderful!!!

Parisbreakfasts said...

Please tell those naughty raspberries to stop raising their voices or I'll have to come over to Paris and give them a good bash!
Which would certainly be a hardship for me..
THANKS so much Di

Anonymous said...

Oh!! Looks like you and Ulla both are licking your fingers, cake and frosting and painting to boot!!

Gypsy Purple said...

Oh yes, I also loves Carol`s work and it was totally and utterly her fault that I strayed from my diet one unfortunate morning I visited before breakfast.....just had to have it!!!!!

Chamara