Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Inspiration and How To Find It - No 1 - Be Self Aware







Sometimes I feel a little vacuous just pointing out the things I like, hoping you will too.
So this is my first weekly post on Inspiration and How To Find It. I'm a designer after all and having had a lot of years experience I think it only fair to pass on some tips. Everyday we all have to make decisions about how we dress, how we work and how we present ourselves to other people. Some people don't care and just do their own thing and that's OK by me but others sometimes struggle to find the right looks and how to put everything together.
We humans are all different, we find inspiration in different ways, sometimes without even knowing we are doing it.
Being aware of your feelings toward something, particularly a colour that gives you a good feeling, means you are comfortable with it, so go for it. The difficulty comes when you try to match that colour with others? - THEN DON'T. Use different shades of the same colour, an example in the picture above or put it on a totally neutral background, if it's already neutral then put it on white or even black.
See it's simple!

1 comment:

simon said...

I agree.

I auction houses as a contract auctioneer and the group I work for have interior designers who do a "makeover" of the property... (furnishings/paint/decor and the like.)

The difference! It adds 10s of thousands of dollars to a property...

What makes us comfortable is very important.