Saturday, December 09, 2006

I Live Near a Winter Wonderland

kielder winter wonderlandJust over the hill from my cottage is this wonderful forest and lake called Kielder. At the moment it is hosting it's annual Winter Wonderland event. 2 of my grandchildren went last year and they still talk about it.
A lighted walk through the forest takes the kids to look outs and Santa's House where Mrs Claus invites them in for tea. Characters leap out from behind trees and take the kids to lots of magical places.
There is an ice skating rink and the event lasts all day finishing with a light display on the lake with the ferry dressed up as a pirate ship.
Sad to say this is the best kept secret in the world as the only way I could get any pictures of it was to go to the theatre company's site.
Kielder is owned by Northumbrian Water which is a massive company and they don't even have any images on their site and neither have the Northumberland National Parks, where Kielder sits.
Still, my grandchildren can't go this year as it is fully booked so who's telling everyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish we had wonderful events like these on this side of the lake!!! How charming!