Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Blog On The Go - A Day at The Fair But It's Not Paris

antiques fair in lincoln
There is no doubt that Lincoln is a beautiful city and yesterday the weather was perfect. The first shock of the day was the admission fee of £25 each. I have never had to pay such a high price to enter a market. Apparently it had been reduced from £100 - WHAT??!!
antiques fair in lincoln
The fair was huge but an awful lot of sellers were on the grass which was very muddy. I swear I was a foot taller when I left due to the amount of mud on my boots.
antiques fair in lincoln
The food left an awful lot to be desired. One of the highlights of visiting a French brocante is the food. I came to the conclusion that THIS WAS NOT FRANCE and never would be. The minute this stuff crosses the Channel the price triples.
antiques fair in lincoln
This is what I came back with from my last trip to Paris and for the same amount of money I got what I have shown in my other posts today.
Note To Self: Just go to France next time.

No comments: