Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ghost Furniture - Dinner For One

Ghost Furniture - Dinner For One
This is one of the first pieces we produced for Ghost Furniture. I couldn't resist doing this with a tilting table. The place setting is stuck to the table and the napkin has been stiffened until it is like a rock, when the table is tilted everything stays as it is. The whole thing has been finished in matt white.
This is mainly for the restaurant and club market but if you have the same weird sense of humour as me then it can go into a home. The goblet can be used as a vase and the plate as a fruit dish, so it has got a use as long as you empty them before tipping it.

Ghost Furniture - Dinner For One

8 comments:

paris parfait said...

Di, this is very stylish and clever! I will be back tomorrow to catch up with your blog. Our last guests have departed this afternoon and I am too exhausted tonight to do anything other than collapse on the sofa!

Anonymous said...

I SO LOVE this. I'm glad someone else is as strange as I am. To me, this is sheer brilliance.

Parisbreakfasts said...

Adorable and very Magritte :)

Queenie said...

You could do so many things with it. A real twist on still art!

Another Shade of Grey said...

Would love to see a photo of it with flowers in the glass and fruit on the plate. :)

Di Overton said...

ASOG
The photo with the fruit and flowers is on our to do list for next week.

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea, you're an artist :)

Anonymous said...

Wow the pieces are beautiful and so clever.

I am proud to say this lady is my mum!!! She has been asking me to look at the blog for days and as we say in our family - "I have been running up my own arse" with our little boy and haven't had a moment to look. But I finally have and I'm so proud of her.
It's so lovely to see her and Harvey so happy after the closure of our business and to see Ghost Furniture finally develop.
Keep it mum - well done!!!