Tuesday, October 04, 2016

​ Notes from Montsoreau

abbey in loire valley
Sunday started with me visiting a brocante in, well to be honest I can't remember the name of the place but as in all places here in the Loire Valley it was stunning. I jumped ut of the car and came face to face with this Abbey.
abbey in loire valley
Up the road was a brocante attended by professionals. Far too expensive for me and to be honest a load of tat.
Montsoreau
It's Sunday lunch time and I am sitting in what has been designated one of the most beautiful villages in France on the banks of the Loire River. That in fact is an understatement. Opposite me is a market selling delicious local, fresh produce and quite good quality clothes. More hats than you can shake a stick at.
I am reluctant to move from this bar/restaurant but a few kilometres along the road is another designated beautiful village so I'm off. Enjoy the views I captured whilst here in Montsoreau.

Montsoreau

Montsoreau

Montsoreau

Montsoreau

Montsoreau

Montsoreau

Montsoreau
Well Candes Saint Martin is not as beautiful as Montsoreau but very friendly. The black cat at the bar/brasserie I stopped at was super friendly but thankfully I had nothing to eat so it left me alone.
It's not quite the same doing this sort of thing alone. I miss sharing the beauty of the place with Harvey but there's not a lot I can do about that other than know that he would be happy that I at least was doing it.

No comments: