Tuesday, March 02, 2010

On Being a Designer

It is far from easy being a designer but it can be so fulfilling if you follow your own Golden Rules and so very satisfying when you discover that designers before you had the self same same rules.
Quotes on Design
I have created so many items just from making a mistake and so many more by learning from those mistakes.
Quotes on Design
ALWAYS ALWAYS be yourself. Your designs are a part of you so how can you be any other.
Quotes on Design
Too much thinking is bad for you, go with the flow.
Quotes on Design
Never was a truer word spoken. Never expect it to be easy. Shit happens.
Quotes on Design
As I have always said - if you want to be inspired then LOOK UP!
Quotes on Design
Go with your own instincts or you will be the only one riding the horse in The Grand Prix.
Quotations found at Quotes on Design

4 comments:

Parisbreakfasts said...

And Andy said:
"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. "
Love all of these
merci

Anzu said...

Great quotes. I especially like the first one.
Funny because I have been looking at quotes recently as I was thinking of having a couple printed and framed in the office. I liked this one:
'I am an optimist. It doesn't seem too much use being anything else'
Winston Churchill

Whitney-Anne Baker said...

Thank you for some timely reminders as I struggle to get my proverbial creative act together. It's easy to lose sight of why you do what you do. I especially like the last quote. The trick is to create something that people don't know they want until they see it rather than create a faster horse!

babelfish said...

So true, I love Marc Chagill's quote...that one should be a plaque on my wall :)