Monday, January 04, 2010

2010 - A Promise To Keep It Simple

2010 new ghost furniture range
I have spent the last few months reorganising my life and work. At the grand old age of 58 I have at last learned that Keeping It Simple is the best policy. I have thoroughly enjoyed creating simple, understated pieces for my new Ghost Furniture range.
I wanted to turn neglected items into something with a look of luxury without the bling. I have used colours that blend together so people can create a little room set all of their own. It is now all coming together and I have a feeling of satisfaction whenever I look at the collection. The photography has been kept simple so as not to detract from the designs. Now, let me tell you that the process has been painless and fun, what more can I ask?
The new range will be launched at the end January/beg February and I have a big surprise that I cannot talk about at the moment, all I can say is that it is a collaboration with a designer I know you all LOVE. Watch this space.
Now I can only hope that my customers feel the same as I do.

14 comments:

Top Bird @ Wee Birdy said...

Happy New Year to you, too. Love the look of your new Ghost Furniture range - congrats. xx

Sarah said...

Happy new year Di!

Parisbreakfasts said...

Happy new year Di!

Simple does it!!! YAY

the paris apartment said...

Congratulations, Di! That's a big accomplishment! I totally agree with simplification, there's something so freeing about it. Hope your 2010 is your best year yet! xoc

Sylvie said...

I love that sentiment Di. I promise to keep it simple too. I'm looking forward to your new work!
Loving new year wishes, Sylvie xoxo

Jan said...

I'm sure they'll feel the same - done with your inimitable style as always.
Happy New Year Di x

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see it--I'm sure 2010 will bring lots of great finds and your collection will be one of them!

xo

Amber said...

OMG! You are 58? Yeah, I stopped when I read that. You look gorgeous. I am 52 so I think my vote counts extra.
Love the new look. Love the old look.

Mélanie said...

Best wishes for 2010 !! Love your new Ghost furniture collection .

Denise Kiggan said...

Thanks for your new year Greetings Di. A very happy decade to you too! Your new venture sounds exciting. I will watch this space!

savvycityfarmer said...

happy new year to you friend ...I always love hearing from you, in fact I'm honored.
I'm in a purge MODE ... getting it right for the first time in my life, too. 56 years ... feels so good.

Splendid Willow said...

Yeah! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us! I am always waving a flag in my hand for you! OX Mon

karey m. said...

goosebumps. totally covered in 'em.

can't wait! xoxo.

babelfish said...

How exciting, I can't wait to see the new collection and for news of a collaboration.