Friday, October 03, 2008

She Builds Wool Walls and Makes Hats - Claire de Ruiter

the journey's project by claire de ruiter
My cottage and the landscape around me is scattered with Dry Stone Walls and when I saw this amazing installation by Claire de Ruiter I was blown away. This wall is made from WOOL as is the tree. I mean it is a truly stunning work of art and all topped off with a tree full of wishing leaves.
Looking around Claire's site I found she also makes the most divine hats. I bet you can't stop looking.


Helen-LG said...

You're totally right, stunning is definitely the word!

I'd like you to explain to my manager why I'm not getting anymore work done this afternoon though - that site is very compelling!

Mary Jo Matsumoto said...

To die for! Loving it all!

corine said...

Sometimes I read your blog and think that I do not need to read another blog, ever. You're it!

Rose said...

Hi, I'm a secret addict to your blog, it's wonderful! You provide so much inspiration.
I live in Newcastle and love visiting Hexham, you are so lucky to live so close to it!
Since I've been reading your blog I keep visiting places and thinking 'That Di would love this.' You've probably already been, but if not you really need to visit Tynemouth. On weekends it has a fab market in the Metro station, it's also home to Raspberry Bazaar (a wonderful shop with so much in it you cant see it all in one go, a pink front garden and fabulous fair-trade clothing) and The Land of Green Ginger (a shopping centre in a church) as well as Tynemouth Priory. I sound like some sort of tourist representative, but I can't help it. Every time I go there I feel guilty for not telling you about it.

rose said...

Just remembered another place you should visit, the photo's on the site do not do the place justice.

babelfish said...

Ooh how magical! I wonder if I can plan a visit into my schedule...amazing work!

ParisBreakfasts said...

Love the hats but wherere the heck is she? Keswick?
Hey where the heck are you Dahlink?

zhang zhiming said...