Friday, August 15, 2008

Maybe It's Because I'm a Londoner - Venetia Studivm



Venetia Studivm london
I just had to go. I was on my way to catch the train back home and I decided I MUST visit Venetia Studivm You see I have always regretted not buying that Fortuny Lamp (above) when I was in their shop in Venice.
Venetia Studivm london
I could look at that lamp all day
Venetia Studivm london
Or just stand and look in their window all day
Venetia Studivm london
The lady in the shop was so chic and charming. Look I caught her reflection in the mirror.

These pictures just don't do the colours justice. It is like walking into a jewelry box.

Again my picture of these tassles does them no favours. If you are in London then visit Venetia Studivm it is in Beauchamp Place close to Harrods. It is every bit as good as the Venice shop and the people working there are lovely.
I didn't buy the lamp as I had so much luggage to cart onto the train but I was told I could ring when I am ready and they will send it to me. I feel a Fortuny Lamp coming on.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

je suis allée à Venise en mai dernier et j'ai pû voir ces magnifiques lampes en soir:superbe, unique.

Ulla said...

I ADORE Fortuny!!! What a eyeful the shop must be... My mother brought me back a lamp years ago from Venice, its much more affordable to carry one home then to buy it here. I hope London prices are fair, as surely you MUST have one some day!!! Of course, now I'd love to have a pair! Guess I'll have to plan a trip to Venice first...

How did your granddaughter do???

JeanCillian said...

beautiful lighting like nothing you will find in conventional stores

Parisbreakfasts said...

I'm running out of breath keeping up with you searching out all these goodies...
Delightful though...mustn't grumble :)

Anonymous said...

I've always had a thing for that lamp too.

Mélanie said...

I love fortuny !! I would love to visit this shop ! My next time in London

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.