Wednesday, June 25, 2008
7 Things About Me - Now You Know 21 Things
Yes the one on the left is me. I think my knicker elastic must have broken.
I have been tagged by Le Petit Cabinet de Curiosites to tell you ANOTHER 7 things about me, this now makes 21. Maybe I am so old I could go on forever doing this. Here goes.
1. I cannot bear anything that is not symmetrical. I have tried to not straighten the rug in our lounge but it is beyond my capabilities. I change seats in restaurants if a picture isn't straight on the wall.
2. I was on The Kings Road in London when a car pulled up and the driver wound down his window to ask for directions. I put my head inside the window to hear what he was saying and saw he had nothing on from the waist down. I mean if your going to be flashed then it may as well happen on a posh street.
3. I don't like suspense. When I was a kid, playing hide and seek, I would stand outside the hiding place so I would be found. I couldn't even play Snap (the card game) with my kids.
4. When I was pregnant with Charlotte I suffered from hemorrhoids (ouch). After returning from a painful shopping trip I ran into the bathroom to apply Anthisan Cream (a local anesthetic) I mistakingly applied Colgate Toothpaste (much much more than ouch).
5. I am a Bottle Blonde - surprise, surprise.
6. I worked in a 5 star hotel for a summer season back in the 1960s. My friends and myself lodged on the top floor. After a night out and returning to our room I wanted to pee and the bathroom was down the hall which was patrolled by a mad chamber maid (Mad Molly). I was to scared to walk down the hall so I peed out of the window - there was a corrugated tin roof below which I knew nothing about until I heard a resounding noise, I couldn't stop as all the lights in the rooms below came on and the residents looked up . No prizes for guessing what they could see.
7. I LOVE truffles. I would do anything for the taste of truffle. I sit and dream about someone shaving a whole truffle over a plate of linguini for me. I once went to a truffle restaurant in Florence and it was one of the most beautiful experiences I ever had. I would love to be a wild boar.