Monday, March 31, 2008

Do You See What I See

More Ghost Furniture pieces and what inspired me to create them. These are not on the site yet as we are waiting for a long sunny day to photograph them - keep everything crossed for me.
ghost furniture wine table
A wine table in those gorgeous blushing grape colours.
ghost furniture shattered silk chair
A piece of shattered silk I nearly bought via Tara of Paris Parfait. It inspired me to create a chair using shattered silk from a Victorian skirt. Thanks Tara
cutlery frame ghost furniture
Caviar and Oysters - a girl's gotta dream.
black leather and gold chair ghost furniture
A Venetian carnival mask becomes a chair.
fried green tomatoes frame ghost furniture
Fried Green Tomatoes, inside green outside crisp and dark gold.

12 comments:

My Castle in Spain said...

Sending you lots of sunshine from Spain for your photo shoot

I like the "Eat 9" frame and "Eat 7" is very appetizing as well....

:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Miss Di!!!!! Your photos are brilliant!! So lovely!!! I am back, I am fully up and running again. it took me two weeks, but I am not saying hellooo from my new machine!!!!! xo

Charmingdesigns said...

I LOVE your visual!! Laurie

Anonymous said...

You see the world in such a special way Di! It's cool to see your inspirations next to your finished works! The wine table turned out great!! The purple color with the green is just great! I like each piece. Everything you and Harvey create have that special Ghost~Touch! Thanks for sharing!! It's great to see what you've been up to!

xo
Constance

Ulla said...

Fabulous Di, you are so inventive!!!

kenju said...

Those fried green tomatoes look scrumptious!

IMEDAGOZE said...

oh Di, you are so creative. One venetian chair for me, please. ;-)

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love the winetable with goblet, (that COLOR!!)and pretty much everything else, too. I'm crossing everything hoping for spring weather for you. Sun. you need sun. lots of it.

There...hope that does the trick.:)
xo Lidy

karey m. said...

stunning. stunning. stunning.

did i mention stunning?

paris parfait said...

Di, all these new pieces are gorgeous! If only I had a house where they would all fit... :) xo

Anonymous said...

I love seeing what inspires you to create new pieces, especially LOVE the carnival mask chair.

Country French Antiques said...

When I saw the photo on your blog it had your creativity splattered all over it.
Love your inspirational photo shoots!!!!