Monday, September 10, 2007

Jamie Hayon and Camper

Jamie Hayon and Camper
Jamie Hayon has redesigned the Camper shoe shops in Barcelona and London. Now I love these designs but as much as I love Camper shoes they look sort of odd sitting in this sort of decor. Maybe I am wrong but I think the person who chose Jamie for this job liked hiss work so much they forgot about how the shoes would look in shops designed by him.
I will put my hands up and admit I am wrong if when I actually see one of these shops in the flesh I love it.
Jamie Hayon and Camper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget the shoes. The design is glorious. I want to move in. (May have to go and check out the London shop while I'm back. I need some new Campers).

Anonymous said...

Yawn....I hate to be a miserable sod but there is no escaping the fact that nowadays interiors = fashion and this interior quite frankly is soooo 2006.

Over the decades current fashion has had an ever decreasing lifespan and where once Georgian, Regency etc tagged the look of a generation we just can't make names up quick enough to keep pace with the way looks change today.