Monday, July 30, 2007

Shooting Clay Pigeons or Rather Missing

ladies tarset clay shoot
The press even turned out to photograph the event. I'm sure he thought we would shoot each other and would land a scoop.
This is the landlady of our local pub taking her first ever shot. She's so tiny I was afraid she would be blown away.
ladies tarset clay shoot
Cheryl - one of the lucky winners. I hit 13 out of 40 clays which was pretty dismal and all I got to show for it was a bloody great bruise on my right arm.
Note we celebrated with the biggest glasses of Pimms I've ever seen.
ladies tarset clay shoot
The Clubhouse right in the middle of the forest. The sun shone on us though and we ate and drank ourselves silly.
ladies tarset clay shoot
The terrace was even warm enough for us to sit on. After months of rain someone, somewhere decided to give us a break.
ladies tarset clay shoot
The all important breakfast. Big steaming cups of coffee or tea, giant buns full of gorgeous fillings and the best chocolate crispies in the world. I think these are put there to make you stay and not bottle out (English for being a coward).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day you must have had, I love these country events, very interesting. Hope your bruise has healed...how did it happen?

paris parfait said...

Sounds like a great time and no doubt the Pimms made that bruise ache a little less. :) xo