Monday, July 09, 2007

The Good Old BBC Does It Again - Paris

paris bbc2
I know I am British and I would say this but I really do think the BBC is the best TV station in the whole world.
Last week on BBC2 a new series started called - Paris. Presented by a lovely, intelligent, young French woman it is award winning stuff.
It is like being on a personal guided tour of Paris with loads of information on the past and the present giving a totally new perspective on the French life.
The middle picture has a red arrow pointing to a rooftop apartment in Place de Voges and last week the presenter took us into the apartment to see the view and the owner pointed out that none of the rooftops around the square are exactly the same. The view was to die for. Now how else would we ever have seen that?
I apologise to anyone abroad who cannot see the BBC but I just had to fly the flag and tell you about it. Anyway here's a link to the BBC pages for this programme, worth a visit as there is loads of info on Paris.
paris bbc2
paris bbc2

3 comments:

Parisbreakfasts said...

Ach!
I am sooo jealous
It WOULD have to be on BBC TV :(

Anonymous said...

I too am jealous. Our TV here is sooo bad!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'll have to catch this programme, thanks! I agree about the BBC, great documentaries and everything else.