Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Colour Therapy - A Picture of My Mind

ghost furniture inspirations
People keep asking me how I get my ideas. Well see the picture there, that's a true representation of my mind. I think in colours then those colours slot together - a bit like Tetrus. Whenever I think about a person or place I see a colour that I associate with them or it.
I have always used this sort of inspiration for my designs from being a knitwear designer, a set designer, a graphic designer and now a furniture designer.
Things just click together sometimes they look great and other times the design falls apart and I have to think again. As for the designs I have come up with for Ghost - to me they are normal. If I see a tilting table I figure it should have something stuck to it to make it fun and so on.
So there's my mind in an image. Don't ask what's in the sack it could be all the stuff that didn't work.

3 comments:

Parisbreakfasts said...

I LOVE that idea!
I should put my color combos on the wall like that...
THANKS

Anonymous said...

I love taking a sneak peek into how your mind work :) It's very organised! I wish my colours would fit together like Tetris -I'm more of a pointillism kind of girl, put bits together until it looks right.

paris parfait said...

You are the second person I know who associates people with colours. It's fascinating to learn more about how you get your ideas.