Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Chaos That Is My Workshop - Ghost Furniture

ghost furniture
Yes I work in that. I am off the wall at the moment and this morning I have been off doing a photo shoot and when I came back and entered my workspace I couldn't get in. I really do need to put this stuff into some sort of order.
I am off to the Lake District in the morning to spend a couple of days with my daughter, her husband and little Billy my grandson. I need to wind down a bit and hopefully come back refreshed. Have a snoop round if you want.
The bottom image shows a work in progress. It's an old kid's school chair with a vintage school blazer (stiffened to make it hard) and it has a catapult in it's pocket. This is taking an age to produce but it's getting there. We thought it would be a nice way for parents to show their kid's keepsakes whilst making use of them. I have to go and paint the badge now, phew!

ghost furniture

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the whole concept of your furniture line - seeing whats not there is actually there... Great colors and fun stuff everywhere! Those vaces, and lampshades are wonderful, and I spy white radishes? they look very whimsical - whats next?

paris parfait said...

Very creative - and your space looks that way too! Enjoy your trip. I'm off to Montreuil and will catch up at the weekend.

Jane said...

These photos cheered me up immensely. My workroom is awful as I've been in the garden for weeks, Have a lovely holiday.
J
x

Anonymous said...

I like your workshop Di! Hope you have or had fun with your family.

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your loved ones! I think your workspace looks creative and fun! Nobody should worry how their work space looks, it is a creative outlet, and your's full of brilliant ideas! I'm with Ulla radishes?

Gypsy Purple said...

Oh wow...I can see a lot of creative juices flowing there....looks very inspiring!!

Anonymous said...

Very busy workroom filled with interesting furniture pieces and cool items I can get lost in. The school chair idea is so much fun! reminds me of Harry Potter (I love the catapult detail). Enjoy your time at the lake district, your daughters live in the loveliest of places :)

Queenie said...

Have a good rest, you deserve it.

Queenie said...

Di, you have most probably had this award many times. But you have been awarded again if so, please see my blog.

Anonymous said...

That green mantle is so unusual...can't wait to see a closer photo. I'm speechless at your creativity with that chair and blazer. How do you get your inspiration?