Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Putting It Together - Brown


Not a colour that immediately springs to mind when decorating but brown can be so effective.

Bronzes, neutrals and golds all blend in so well. Brown velvet is so sumptuous and well chocolate is brown after all.
I have put together a mix of traditional and modern here so hope
you like it.
Louis Chair, Louis Sofa and Picture Frames from Brocade Home (second time today)
Bronze Feather Lamp from Anthologie Quartett
Perspex Table and Etched Stone Flooring from Rockett St George
Paper Bag Vase from Petit Agnes
Candle from Modern Alachemy
Remember, if you have any great links to items relating to today's look just put them in the comments below.
Click to see a larger image

5 comments:

paris parfait said...

I love chocolate brown and have a choc. brown velvet art deco chair and no place to put it.

Deb @ Beholder's Eye said...

Etched Flooring?! I thought it was a rug!! Wow. I'll have the feather lamp please.

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

I love brown. Especially chocolate brown too. I think it could be modern and glamorous at the same time.

Anonymous said...

I love brown in decorating, it adds richness and warmth to a room. And I love that etched flooring and the frames...just gorgeous!

Gypsy Purple said...

Love those frames!!!