Friday, March 23, 2007

Kate Westerholt - Samplers With Attitude


Kate Westerholt sent me an email last week pointing me at her work. I must admit when I first went to her site I thought it was not my sort of thing until I took a closer look. Brilliant stuff - these samplers are not your usual Home Sweet Home pieces they have real attitude.
Kate has been featured twice this year in British Vogue magazine. She has also been asked to do a series of portraits/characatures of fashion designers in cross stitch for London Fashion Week in the autumn. Well Done Kate!
The image of all those beautiful embroidery silks is Kate's home page - beautiful isn't it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love cross-stitch samplers, and her work with a modern twist is delightful!

Anonymous said...

Ha - What a laugh. I know what you mean about the first glance - then I saw the "Get your freak on" and thought they were brill.