Saturday, March 10, 2007

It's Official - I Live In The Most Tranquil Place in England



Well I already knew that! Northumberland is by far and away the most tranquil county in England - this is the result of an exercise done by the Campaign to Protect Rural England.
The Top5 factors that spell tranquility are:
Seeing natural landscapes
Hearing birdsong
Hearing peace and quiet
Seeing the stars at night
Seeing streams
Each and every day I experience each and every one of these.
OK when it's cloudy I can't see the stars.
Whenever a visitor arrives at our cottage they comment on how good it all makes them feel. So it must be true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, lucky you! Unfortunately I live in rainy Manchester.

Gypsy Purple said...

You lucky girl!!!
Such a blessing!!

Anonymous said...

Bring on the envy!! You must feel so blessed to have such beauty and rest around you all the time...

May I visit?? :)